Ten Key Health and Nutrition Trends 2019December 26, 2018
3 Ideas for A Fun and Healthy Valentine’s DayJanuary 23, 2019
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
For Guacamole (Mix together well)
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 romano/plum tomato, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes, Cook Time:10 minutes, Servings: 1
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
For Guacamole: Calories 144, Fat 19g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 0, Sodium 10mg, Carbs 12g (Fiber 9g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g
For Sandwhich: None found