How The Workplace Complicates Our Relationship With FoodMarch 25, 2019
10 Stress-Busting Tips from Moms Like YouApril 30, 2019
""A satisfying open-face vegetarian sandwich with avocado, almonds, and mushrooms."
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 2 minutes, Ready In: 17 minutes Servings: 4
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Lay the toasted bread out on a baking sheet. Top each slice of bread with 1/4 of the avocado, mushrooms, almonds, and tomato slices. Top each with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Broil the open-faced sandwiches until the cheese melts and begins to bubble about 2 minutes. Serve the sandwiches warm.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 22.5 g fat; 21.1 g carbohydrates; 15.6 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 170 mg sodium.