The freshly made chocolate sauce is poured over low-fat vanilla ice cream and topped with crushed peppermint.
- 1-quart low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Light whipped cream
- 1/4 cup finely crushed starlight peppermints
Prep: 5 min
- Ready in: 8 min
- To make the chocolate sauce, combine 1/4 cup of the ice cream with the chocolate chips, cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat until melted.
- Scoop remaining ice cream into eight bowls and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top each serving with light whipped cream and sprinkle with peppermints.
- Per serving:
- 183 calories
- 6 g fat (3 g sat)
- 12 g carbohydrates (1 g fiber)
- 2 g protein
(Recipe found at www.fitnessmagazine.com)